Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why Change?

Why change now when I haven't changed in the past?

I suppose I have to blame my family history and awful blood test results on that. Recently I went for a batch of tests, none of which gave excellent results.

I have about 35 kgs to lose. My cholesterol test was on the "high end of normal range", when a couple of years ago it was really excellent - well below normal. My glucose test showed that I was on the road to Diabetes, but not quite there yet.  So basically, change my habits and I might be diagnosed as Diabetic in 20 years (old age onset like the rest of my family), or don't change my habits and be diagnosed in 5 years.

So that's where I am at the moment. The logical side of me is screaming Change Now! and the emotional side of me is just quietly screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment